Why Kaysons ?
Access over 500+ hours of video lectures 24*7, covering complete syllabus for NEET preparation.
Practice over 30000+ questions starting from basic level to NEET.
Live Doubt Clearing Session
Ask your doubts live everyday Join our live doubt clearing session conducted by our NEET experts.
National Mock Tests
Get familiar with the question pattern for NEET Exam by attempting our National mock tests.
Using our study planner and proper planning out complete syllabus is the key to get a decent rank in NEET. So, we help you prioritize all subjects equally and prepare effectively.
Test Series/Daily assignments
Give tests to analyze your progress and evaluate where you stand in terms of your NEET preparation.
How to Prepare for NEET Examination
The National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET UG) is the coveted competitive entrance examination that allows students to admit themselves into the Undergraduate Programs in MBBS and BDS courses in the top institutes. This is thus the ultimate examination for students with the aspiration of medical science and over 15 lakh students appear for it in the current date.
The exam tests 3 subjects i.e., Biology, Chemistry and Physics with Biology getting the natural higher priority. The exam is spread over 3 hours and 180 MCQ with negative marking to encourage fairness. While the NEET Preparation tests the students over a vast syllabus, it requires a proper plan to tackle it. Like with all entrance examinations, this requires a proper setup. Proper study materials, question banks, test series, mock tests, revision material and doubt clearing facility. A good combination of these along with a good planner can enable an aspirant to prepare for the examination.
Q. Is it important to study every day during the preparation?
While the individual must be flexible enough to adjust in different schedules, it is very important to lose the momentum and thus it is very important to study in the weekdays. Depending upon the time remaining, scheduled breaks can be taken but continuity is a must.
Q. Will NCERT Books be enough for NEET preparation?
While NCERT will lay the basic foundation, in a competitive exam like this one, it’ll be important to opt for good books and study materials. It is mentioned above.
Q. What should I do during the last days of the preparation?
It is very important to stay healthy for the exam day and not be pressurised too much since learning new topics won’t be possible to retain. Thus, it is wise to limit the preparation to revision and mock tests only. Keeping the big picture in mind will be the most important aspect.
Q. Should the syllabus be complete well before the revision?
Yes, it is very important to complete the entire syllabus to allow enough time for revision. Since the syllabus is vast, it is near impossible to retain all the information with just one go. Completing the syllabus early on will allow a lot of time for the much needed practice and revision. And a NEET Timetable can make the whole process a lot easier.
Q. What is the difference between appearing for mock tests and tests containing previous year questions?
Previous year questions give a good idea about the priority of questions in the previous years and thus setting the tone right for spending the right amount of time for each topic. However, mock tests are equally important to ensure that one has prepared enough to tackle new questions as well.
Q. What is the question breakdown of each subject?
Physics and Chemistry have 45 questions each. Biology has 90 questions.
Q. Is it mandatory to enrol into coaching institutions in NEET Preparation?
One can also appear for the examination by self-study but some amount of guidance and mentorship will be needed especially for a roadmap, doubt clearing and specific advises. E-learning facilities can provide to be good alternatives as well.
Q. How important are NEET Video Lectures in NEET Study Materials?
NEET DLPs often provide textual information that contains theory and questions. However, in recent times e-learning platforms include NEET Video Lectures in their NEET Study Materials. This can be extremely handy for topics that require visualization and animation because it helps to retain information a lot better.
Q. How to crack the NEET exam?
Cracking the NEET exam requires rigorous study, practice and revision. Follow these to strengthen your preparation and ensure success in the NEET exam :
- Choose a good coaching institute or website – This is the first step and also a very crucial one. Although both have their pros and cons, it is not advisable to step out of your house in this pandemic and hence choosing a suitable online coaching platform is the best way to go forward.
- Research about its materials, offerings and faculty – After you select a good online coaching platform, you must look for what it has to offer starting from study materials to doubt clearing solutions and more and also research if the faculty teaching there are well trained and experienced or not.
- Get devoted towards your studies – Set a time table for your study hours for every day, set milestones for covering topics and do not forget to take a look at the syllabus.
- Take mock tests frequently – After completing the chapters, take on mock tests frequently. This will not only boost your confidence in the actual exam but also give you a good idea of how much more preparation you need.
- Do not forget to revise – Revision is an integral part of preparing for the NEET exam. As there are so many topics to be covered, if you don’t revise you will start to forget the earlier concepts and topics.
Q. What are the advantages of online coaching for NEET preparation?
There are many advantages of online coaching platforms for NEET aspirants –
- Convenient – Online coaching is very convenient as the aspirants can learn and prepare for NEET in their own house. Online coaching lets the students learn at their own pace and understand everything thoroughly.
- Economic – Most of the online coaching platforms offer a lot of material and services at really affordable packages that students can choose from according to what they need. Hence by choosing online coaching you will save a significant amount of money.
- High quality – Online coaching institutes also offer very high quality study materials that are prepared by trained and experienced professionals with NEET exam in mind. All chapters and topics are well explained with illustrations and examples wherever necessary. They also offer notes, previous year questions and tips to strengthen your preparation.
- Mentor support – Online coaching provides you with the additional benefit of getting the best mentors who are very well trained and experienced. They will guide through you preparation and also help you with your doubts and problems.
- Tests – This has to be one of the major advantages of online coaching. Online coaching platforms provide you with a lot of mock tests and online test series. These test are very important to keep track of your preparation.
Q. What is the trick to practice questions in order to crack NEET?
For the NEET exam just understanding the concepts is not enough, one has to practice questions regularly in order to crack the exam.
- Read the NCERT carefully – NCERT is the foundation for NEET exam. You need to thoroughly go through each line written in the NCERT book. This helps strengthen your basics so you can move forward to complex details.
- Refer to other books – After you’ve thoroughly studied the NCERT, refer to other reference books or your coaching study materials. This provides you with a deep understanding of every topics and additional details that are necessary for NEET.
- Resolve your doubts – After you have studied both the NCERT and other reference books, you are bound to come up with a lot of doubts. It is very important to resolve your doubts before you move forward to practicing questions as you might get stuck in them. You may seek help from your mentors or attend doubt clearing sessions in your coaching, if you attend any.
- Practice questions – After your doubts are resolved, you are ready to put your knowledge to test. Find question banks and previous year questions and set a goal of solving a particular number of questions every day.
- Opt for mock tests – In the actual NEET exam, you will have three hours to attend 180 questions. It is very important to manage time in the exam. So opt for mock tests and online test series and set goals to attend a number of question in a set time.
Q. How to be regular in your preparation for the NEET exam?
In order to crack the NEET exam you need to be consistent in your preparation for the exam.
- Develop curiosity – Developing curiosity keeps up your interest and will to study. If you are not curious you will eventually lose interest and skip studying.
- Arrange group studies and discussion with peers – Studying a lot alone for a long time might not be easy to sustain which is exactly why you should propose your peers to study together at times and organise group discussions and share your knowledge among each other.
- Avoid postponing and distractions – Interruptions in your study time may break your flow in your schedule and get you distracted from it as well. Avoid things that disturbs your preparation and pulls away from your studies. Also make habit of practicing a certain number of questions every day.
- Have some time to refresh your mind – Excess of everything is bad. If you study day and night you will get exhausted soon and your mind will also not be able to take more after a certain period of time. So make sure to refresh your mind and regain your potential to study. Also do not get carried away and get yourself distracted.
- Sleep well – Sleep patterns can greatly influence your study habits and your concentration too. Although everyone has their own capacity but 6 hours of sleep is advisable. Your mind needs rest to cope up with your body and study.
Q. What to do in the last 10 days before the NEET exam?
- The last 10 days before the exam can be very stressful and overwhelming. In this time students should try to keep themselves calm and avoid taking pressure.
- Keep a minimal routine – Try revisiting the chapters, concepts and problems that you find difficult or complicated. Do not study for very long hours and also do not get all distracted.
- Revise – In the last few days, it is important to revise what you have studied so far. But do not study the whole chapters, go through revision notes or summaries. You can prepare them while studying the chapters or find them in online coaching packages, if you have taken up one.
- Take mock tests – Try to take up mock tests and online test series or even previous year question papers setting time limits. Try to maintain a consistent speed, distribute your time wisely among sections and keep a calm mind all the way through.
- Don’t study anything new – If you have left any subjects entirely for whatever reasons, do not try to study them in this time. You might not be able to retain them and it will only make you panic and you may even blunder in the things that you are otherwise good at.
- Try meditating – This is highly advisable. It helps you stay calm and focussed. It also helps increase memory power.
Q. Helpful Tips to Manage NEET And Board Exams?
If you are in class 11th and also planning on clearing NEET, you face a dilemma of balancing both the NEET exam and also the board exams. It will not be wise to neglect board exams and shift all your focus on to the NEET exam.
- Opt for suitable coaching classes – Choose a suitable coaching centre or platform that not only provides good coaching for the NEET exam and also guides you for the board exams. A good coaching centre that their students are well aware of how important board exams are and how to prepare for it without hampering you preparation for the NEET exam.
- Thoroughly study the NCERT book – NCERT books are the key material for both the NEET exam and the board exams. You need to thoroughly study the NCERT books before you move on to reference books or other study materials. Do not study anything outside of the NCERT books for your board exams.
- Pay attention to your mentors – Your mentors will play a crucial role in guiding you throughout your preparation. They will offer you with ideas on how you can manage your studies for the board exams while also preparing for NEET. BE very attentive to them and follow their instructions and consult with them whenever you face a problem.
- Prepare notes – Prepare notes for the extra subjects that you have opted for your board exams. You can make a separate time slot for making these notes alongside your preparation for NEET. These notes will help you prepare for your board exams in a very short time frame.
Q. How to Clear NEET in The First Attempt?
Every year thousands of students from all over India appear the NEET exam, which makes it a very competitive exam. So students should strategize their preparation in order to crack the exam in the first attempt.
- Strategize a study plan – If you want secure your seat in a medical college among lakhs of other aspirants, you need to strategize your preparation for the NEET exam. Make a good time table and distribute time wisely among all the subjects. Make a habit of strictly following your time table, including your daily chores. However, make sure you do not over-do it, take necessary breaks and get proper sleep.
- Refer to previous year exams – Refer to previous year NEET exams’ question papers to get a good and clear idea of what you have to prepare for and how much hard you need to study for it. Sometimes questions are repeated in exams like these with slight modifications, so that’s a bonus.
- Check your progress frequently – You need to regularly check progress in order to get an idea of where you stand and what topics and how much more you need to prepare. You can opt for mock tests or online test series or even time yourself while solving questions to check your progress.
- Smart studying – There are and will be a lot of students who work very hard to crack the NEET exam and in order to make a difference you should study smart. Get a good look at the syllabus for the NEET exam and prepare your study plan accordingly.
- Final preparation – Do not forget to revise a few days before the exam. Use notes and summaries to revise. Do not start any new topic. Meditate and stay calm.
Q. How to manage anxiety and stress during preparation for NEET?
There are a few ways to manage anxiety and stress during your NEET preparation
- Avoid social media
- Do not compare yourself with anyone
- Get proper sleep
- Take care of your diet
- A little exercise
- Revise from time to time
- Be in touch with your mentor
Q. How to remember topics for a longer time for the NEET exam?
NEET preparation requires you to you to remember a lot of formulae and concepts for a long time and retrieve it as quickly as possible.
- Notes – Prepare notes for all the topics you study and also summarise the important ones.
- Flow charts – Make flow charts of concepts and topics that are either lengthy, complicated or can be divided into simpler steps.
Visualise – it has been scientifically proven that visualising helps you remember things for a longer time. So try to visualise everything you study.
- Revise – It is absolutely essential to revise frequently once you have completed the whole syllabus. If you do not, then you will start forgetting topics and concepts that you had studied from the beginning.
- Meditation – You should practice meditation regularly as it helps you calm your mind and increases not only your memory capacity but also concentration.
Q. How can an average student prepare to successfully crack NEET?
Any student can successfully crack NEET if he is 100% dedicated to his or her preparation. Many students that have average results in the boards often think that they cannot crack the NEET exam. But that is just not true.
- Carefully go through the NEET syllabus
- Strategize a good study plan
- Start with the NCERT and then move to references
- Solve questions on a daily basis
- Clear you doubts
- Time yourself while solving questions
- Take up mock tests and online test series
- Avoid social media and other distractions
- Solve previous year question papers
- Get good sleep
Q. How to score more than 600 marks in the NEET 2022 exam?
While the NEET exam sees a lot of competition every year, Students still manage to secure a seat while raising the bar up a notch every year. It will be safe to say that if you want to secure a high rank and get admission into India’s top medical colleges, you will have to score more than 600 marks in NEET.
- Know the NEET exam well – Get acquainted with the pattern of the NEET exam, the number of questions, duration of the exam, types of questions, subjects and marking scheme.
- The syllabus – Make absolutely sure that you carefully go through the syllabus for the NEET exam and analyse it to pick out topics with more importance or difficulty.
- Construct an efficient study plan – you need to have a smart and efficient study plan that is carefully prepared according to your lifestyle, how many subjects you need cover in how much time, etc. Set goals for every day, week and month. Make sure to take short intervals once a topic or subject is over.
- Choose you study material – This is a crucial step in the preparation. You should first begin with the NCERT and go through it thoroughly. After you have completed the NCERT, move to reference and study materials provided by your coaching platforms, if any.
- Practice – Make a habit of solving questions. Set goals of solving more and more questions eventually and also time yourself. Do not lose this habit. It will always help you analyse your performance and also improve your overall speed and accuracy.
- Take tests – Take up mock tests and online test series to monitor your performance. This will also help you gain more confidence.
- Doubts and revision – Make sure after completion of every topic or test, you clear all your doubts and work on it. Also keep enough time in your hands to revise everything that you have studies regularly or you will forget the topics that you had studied in the beginning.
Q. How do toppers prepare themselves for NEET??
Here is how toppers prepare themselves for NEET:
- Knowing NEET – Familiarising yourself with the exam pattern.
- Strategized study plan – Strategizing a good study plan that is efficient and makes you devote maximum time possible into your preparation efficiently.
- Mastering the syllabus – Thoroughly going through the Syllabus to avoid confusion regarding topics.
- Smart work over hard work – Toppers prefer smart work over hard work, starting from how much time to devote in what topic, referring to multiple sources and gathering more than enough points, predicting question pattern, etc.
- Rigorous practice and revision – This is an essential step. You must practice a questions on a daily basis and set milestones down the road of solving more. Also revising right after finishing a topic and also once in a while for difficult topics.
- Picking good reference – NCERT has to be the foundation. But beyond NCERT referring to multiple other sources including coaching study modules and reference books by good authors.
- Opting for online coaching – Online coaching provides you with high quality study materials, video lectures, doubt clearing sessions and much more.
- Opting for online test series and mock tests - Opt for online test series and mock test to constantly keep track of your progress.
- Time management – This is very essential in the NEET exam. You need to time yourself while solving questions and need to manage time in your overall study routine. This will also increase your speed and accuracy.
- Notes – Do not forget to make notes while studying a topic. These notes will come in handy in regular as well as last minute revisions.
Q. How To Make Revision Notes For NEET 2022?
Always make your notes:
- Simplistic and easy to understand
- Important points, formulae and tricks
- Highlight sections
- Try incorporating shortcuts for topics in a way that you can understand the best to gather information for a quick review.
- Highlight important sections with different colours to differentiate based on importance.
- Make a note of steps where you make mistakes and practice them regularly with the help of the notes you have made.
- Take down your notes in a notebook instead of using sheets and preferably different ones for different subjects. There are chances you misplace the sheets.
- Avoid copying the exact same content from the source into your copy.
- Try looking for points for the same topic from different references, so that you have the best summed up points on the topic at the end.
- Get adequate sleep and meditate every day.
Q. Is there any limitation to how many times one can appear NEET?
Amongst lakhs of students appearing in the NEET exam, not everyone is lucky enough to crack the exam. Only a few exceptional students manage to qualify in the most prestigious medical exam in India. Although, for a while there was a limitation on the age previously, that is a maximum of 25 years old candidate belonging to the general category and relaxation of 5 years for aspirants belonging to the SC,ST,OBC and NCL category, as per the latest news, for NEET eligibility, the NTA has passed no such restrictions. From this 2020 onwards, candidates can appear any number of times without any restriction on the upper age limit and there is no such restriction on the number of attempts.
Q. For how many hours should a student study for the NEET exam?
You need to strategize your preparation for the NEET exam and make a good time table and distribute time wisely among all the subjects. Make a habit of strictly following your time table, including your daily chores. However, make sure you do not over-do it, take necessary breaks and get proper sleep. You will have to devote at least 11-14 hours a day for NEET exam preparation.
- Wake up early and study the topics which require the most attention, usually the topics that are difficult.
- Take intervals once in a while to refresh your mind and make your mind ready to take more
- Keep a time frame to practice questions daily.
- Try to finish your daily chores in the least time possible.
- Meditate to keep yourself calm and efficient
- Keep time at the end of the day to revise everything that you studied all day.
- Avoid social media and other distractions.
Q. Is NEET a very tough exam to crack?
It is fairly established now that the NEET exam is a very challenging and competitive exam. In the end your passion to become a doctor and the noble drive to save lives will decide your course of action and your success. NEET is laborious, but rewarding, very difficult but not impossible. You can not let the pressure of the exam demotivate you or slow you down. You need to be confident and calm enough and should not give in to the fear that you might fail. You must conquer your fears and give you 100% efforts to your preparation. The harder and smarter you study more will be the chance of you answering more questions correctly. And we all know how significant one can correct answer be, just 5 marks can bring a difference in 50 ranks.
Q. How can one prepare for NEET in just 1 Month?
The preparation strategy for a time frame of just 1 month involves a full proof study plan, rigorous revisions, and frequent practice of mock tests and previous year question papers. It is absolutely essential for you to be confident and have a positive mind set. Stressing out and panicking will only make things worse for you. You will have to spend a minimum of anywhere between 11-14 hours a day to your studies. Start immediately as it will take a while for you to mould into your daily schedule. Revise the whole NEET syllabus in this month exhaustively. Along with a well strategized plan, it is very important to be studying from the right sources. Anyhow you will have to start with the basics that is the NCERT and then move on to other sources like good reference books and coaching modules.